Ways to Avoid Your Car From Overheating
When your car overheats. It can make for a bad time on the road. Pulling over on the road’s shoulder is crucial for the car to cool down. The tips below can help to keep your car from the annoyance of overheating, and impacting your day.
- Visit your trusted auto repair center to have the maintenance services your vehicle requires performed. Get a check for any potential issues with your car. Topping off fluids, checking hoses and ensuring your fans are working are all important preventative items that can keep your car from overheating.
- Pull over if your check engine light comes on. Pop the hood and let the engine cool down for a while to keep the engine from overheating.
- The radiator cap is hot! Don’t touch it! Take care not to get burned.
- Refill your antifreeze/coolant. Try and keep some coolant in your car, in case it overheats on the road. Don’t get stranded by an overheating car.
- Checking the hoses. Did they leak, burst or are they being blocked? If so, get them repaired right away. If you ignore the issue, your vehicle will continue to overheat and make things worse.
- Keeping an emergency kit in your vehicle is always a good idea. Especially if you get stranded for hours or even overnight. Be prepared, especially during the cold weather season.
AAMCO Overland Park can provide your vehicle with all of the maintenance services it requires to keep you and your family safe on the road.